Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Cupcakes Story

Time flies so fast and it's already December, looking forward to 2011...lots of project coming up for MY Galley Artwork next year, InsyaAllah! 
My first ever order was to make a birthday cupcakes for my sister's neighbour, I had no learning experience in making cupcakes but I tried my best! That was in 2008, at that time cupcakes was 'in'. After that, I took classes in Basic Cupcakes Decoration. My teacher was Kak Ayu of Loveliana Cakes, she teaches me have to decorate with fondant and from then on, I started taking more orders.
While no one is quite certain where cupcakes came from, it is known that they made an appearance in the United States sometime in the 19th Century. There are two theories on the origin of cupcakes, the name comes from the amount of ingredients used to make the cake for example; a cupful of flour, a cupful of butter, cupful of sugar, etc. The other theories is that these cakes were originally baked in cups, thus the name 'cupcakes'.
Cupcakes till now, is still popular in Malaysia. I always have orders for cupcakes every week. I guess because of the cute size and it's easier to eat, you don't need spoon or cut the cake to eat it.
My first Cupcakes order



No comments:

Post a Comment